Each chart is tied directly to the pharmacy, automating medication filling and packaging based on each patient's current medication profile. All medications are labeled individually at the pharmacy with an expiration date and lot number. APS's common database eliminates transcription errors and incorporates e-Prescribing in the physician's office.
Benefits of APS e-Prescriptions
- Verifies medication with pharmacist during filling and packaging in pharmacy.
- Eliminates labor, time, and errors associated with transferring physician orders to the MAR.
- Reduces need of back-up pharmacies and extra deliveries.
Efficient Use of Time, Labor and Medication
With APS, pharmacists may fill prescriptions off-site, expediting patient orders and automatic drug inventory. Direct communication to the pharmacy eliminates the need for returned medication and associated labor.
- Produces a clear audit trail of order modifications
- Eliminates the need to double check orders every day
- Displays order history, drug destination within facility (med cart)
- Real time order tracking
- Automatic reordering
- Pill image
APS Patented Delivery Process
- Convenient bed side cart
- Med Pass review before med pass start